Coronavirus COVID-19 Statement update 13 March 2020
The CCD will follow the advice of the HSE (Health Service Executive in Ireland) and NPHET (National Public Health Emergency Team) in relation to hosting events. We are continuously working with our clients to monitor the evolving situation.
13 March 2020 – Following recommendations from the Irish Government on mass gatherings, The CCD is not hosting events with more than 100 people until 29 March. We understand that people may have raised levels of concern during this unprecedented time with COVID-19.
We are continuously working with our clients as this situation evolves and will continue to follow the advice of the HSE (Health Service Executive in Ireland) and NPHET (National Public Health Emergency Team) in relation to hosting events.
The health and safety of all clients, visitors and staff is our priority. We have hand sanitising stations at all entry and exit points for all entering and leaving the building, and work with clients to facilitate any additional requests or measures they wish to put in place.
In line with the HSE’s guidelines for mass gatherings we are asking that all organisers, suppliers and delegates abide by the following advice:
- Review travel guidelines from your own country’s department of foreign affairs and the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs
- If you have a cough, shortness of breath, breathing difficulties, or fever (high temperature), do not enter The CCD, and please do not attend the event.
- Please do not enter the building if you have been exposed to the virus, visited any affected area within the last 14 days or have any related symptoms.
- If you have had exposure to the virus, follow HSE advice on www.hse.ie, phone your GP or call the HSE on 1850 24 1850
For all others, please follow these rules:
- Wash your hands properly and regularly with soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough and sneeze
- Put used tissues into a bin and wash your hands or use an alcohol-based hand rub
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
These are preventative measures to protect all visitors and staff at The CCD.
A list of all upcoming events that we are permitted to publish can be found in our What’s On section. For more information please contact your event organiser or get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.