About the Building
Welcome to Ireland’s first purpose-built convention centre
Welcome to The Convention Centre Dublin (The CCD), Ireland’s first purpose-built convention centre, located In Spencer Dock in the heart of Dublin city.
Developed by Treasury Holdings, as part of a Public Private Partnership with The Office of Public Works (OPW), The CCD is the first state-owned, public-access building to be constructed since the foundation of the Irish State.
Designed by Pritzker award-winning Irish-born architect Kevin Roche, The CCD has quickly become a landmark building. Its stunning design includes a unique glass-fronted atrium running the full height of the building, which gives visitors panoramic views of the River Liffey, Dublin city centre and the Wicklow mountains.
The CCD was designed around the delegate experience and offers 22 multi-functional, flexible rooms suitable for meetings, conferences and exhibitions of all shapes and sizes – from small corporate meetings to international congresses. The entire venue is finished to the highest specifications and incorporates the latest technology throughout.
Recognised as the first carbon neutral constructed convention centre, this contemporary design meets the highest standards of environmental sustainability. We are also committed to long-term sustainability in accordance with the International Standards Organisation (ISO) 14001.
The CCD at a glance
- 22 purpose-built meeting rooms
- 2,000 seat Auditorium with full theatrical stage and fly tower
- 4,500 square metres of exhibition space
- Theatre capacity for 3,000 delegates in The Forum
- Banqueting facilities for up to 2,000 guests
- Intimate boardrooms, large and small halls and meeting rooms
- Cutting edge technology and wi-fi throughout
- Six spacious foyer areas
- Stunning views of Dublin city, bay and mountains on upper foyer levels
- Two large cargo lifts including a truck container lift
- Located beside the new ‘LUAS’ tram line with its own station
- Minutes from Dublin Port Ferry Terminal
- Only 20 minutes from Dublin Airport
- Within walking distance of many hotels, restaurants and attractions